Invoicing for Deposits

Sending a client an invoice for a partial payment or deposit with Blinksale is easy. Here’s how we do it:

After creating a new invoice within Blinksale, simply give the invoice an invoice ID that reads “Deposit” or “Deposit 1234” where the “1234” is your actual invoice number. Then create your invoice as you normally would, only using the deposit value for your service price as opposed to the entire value of the service. Once you have completed this, simply save and send.

Then, when you have received the deposit payment from your client, use Blinksale’s Receive Payment action to apply that payment to your invoice. Now, converting your deposit invoice to a final invoice is as simple as removing the word “Deposit” from your Invoice ID field, and adjusting your service price to reflect the full price of your services.

The deposit payment received from the client will remain applied to the invoice and will be reflected when you send the final invoice out. It’s as simple as that.

• On March 10, 2011, Ilia Lobsanov said:

Is there no better way than this in almost 6 years since this post?

• On September 5, 2011, Teddie Dian Patria said:

Hahaha..LOL :D
    blinksale has to be have the innovative way since 6 years ago.

• On September 8, 2011, Patrick Dodd said:

Hey Illa & Teddie, are you looking to receive partial payments? Is there anything I can do to help?
    If you have any questions, let me know at patrick@blinksale.com.

• On December 15, 2011, Erik Finsrud said:

I agree, i’ve been using blinksale for a long time, and i’m surprised a deposit feature hasn’t been added.

• On December 18, 2011, Patrick Dodd said:

Hey Erik! Thanks for being loyal to us. I will make sure our development team sees your suggestion again and I’ll also make sure you are communicated with when the time for that feature comes. Hope you had a great weekend!

• On December 21, 2011, Ilia Lobsanov said:

I really need a simple process to convert an estimate into two or more invoices, split up by percentages before taxes.
    Example: I have an estimate for $5000+tax and I want to split it into two invoices: $2500+tax and $2500+tax

• On December 21, 2011, Ilia Lobsanov said:

Also I should be able to add web links in estimate or invoice notes.

• On March 27, 2014, Krystal said:

Is the deposit feature going to be added? This would be a great help for receiving partial payments.