How do I export my data?

Blinksale allows you to download an XML-formatted file containing all your users, clients and invoices. You can then keep this file on your local computer as a backup, burn it to CD-R or use it in other applications than understand XML. To download your data, hit the Invoices tab then click the XMLlink at the bottom of the page. Your web browser may ask you where you want to save the file, or it’ll just download it and dump it in your standard download location (such as your desktop).

An Excel export option, which summarizes the invoices only, is also available from the same spot.

• On July 28, 2010, Roger said:

Any recommendations for OSX Numbers users? Can’t seem to open XML or Excel exports in Numbers.

• On January 11, 2011, Kevaz said:

Hi,

You said, that when I click XML link I should see file containing all my users, clients and invoices. Unfortunately in my file are only basics info about invoices, there are no info about client’s data, or invoice descriptions.

Am I doing something wrong?

Could you write me how to get data about clients and full data about invoices in xml file?

Thanks,
    Kevaz

• On January 25, 2011, sagar said:

hey.. i am also unable to get data of my clients, recurring templates etc.
    this is like a jail… do i have to stick on to blinksale forever? please help me with a solution.

• On February 22, 2011, atomant said:

I feel the same way. after running around in circles with basecamp, highrise and any other random software I realized that I actually have to re-enter my entire clientele to every other web-based software I’m planning to use in the future.
    I’ve been paying for Blinksale for over 2 years now but I feel a bit betrayed because of this.
    Sorry Blinksale but my loyalty breaks down when I realize that you guys try to keep the users trapped.

• On March 31, 2011, Patrick Dodd said:

Our intent is not to keep anybody hostage. Practically, when you are looking at what you see in Blinksale, we are working on the Blinksale experience and not necessarily working on our users leaving. With that said, we are working on better data controls. Thanks for your patience.

• On May 3, 2011, Jay Meany said:

How do I get the data from “Purchases” section out?

• On May 5, 2011, Irwin Fletcher said:

None of the exports have any of the specifics of the invoices. I’m speaking of the individual line items. The field names are: (Qty, Unit, Description, Price and Total). Is there any way to get this information out another way (perhaps via API or other means)?

• On May 24, 2011, Bill said:

So basically, functionality that was available since September 16th, 2005, has been removed? Someone must have gone out of his way to -remove- this feature at some point. The XML export is supposed to contain “all your users, clients and invoices.” Please give us a specific date as to when the full use of data export will be restored. This problem is especially egregious considering the ultimatum you have slammed into many users’ faces.