When in casual conversation with our friends who send invoices, we often find that the response to “What do you send your invoices with?” is “Usually just a Pages or Word doc. Maybe an Excel spreadsheet.”
At the end of the day, if you are sending Word docs and you love it, that’s great. The first rule is finding a system you know you’ll stick with and you know you’ll love.
However, here are some advantages to using a system like Blinksale over just creating the invoices themselves in Word.
1. All of your information in one place.
– Word docs are files, and unless you have a superhuman ability to always put the right file in the right place, these can be lost very easily.
– Your contacts’ basic information (at least their name and email) are in Blinksale once you have sent them an invoice.
2. The flow of creating an invoice is so easy.
– Need to send a similar invoice to the last invoice you sent? Easy, Blinksale allows you to duplicate, and then edit.
– Can’t remember what invoice number you sent last? Easy, Blinksale shows you your last invoice number right in the screen you are creating a new invoice in.
3. Accessible anywhere.
– Are you in a mall and a client calls your mobile number in a frantic state asking for your most recent invoice to reconcile their books for the month? Hop on your phone (or into the Apple store), login, and send. If you don’t have access everywhere, you’ll be at a loss in those rare but important situations.
What are your favorite reasons to use cloud computing softwares like Blinksale?