Stripe Payments is a powerful payment processor for online sales. It can accept dozens of payment methods and more than 135 currencies. ACH payments on Stripe cost 0.80%, capped at $5, with no monthly fees or verification fees. So, a $100 payment incurs a $0.80 fee; any payments above $625 cost $5. This can be especially useful if you routinely charge customers large amounts on a recurring basis.
ACH Direct Debit on Stripe comes with bank account verification, making it easy to stay compliant with Nacha validation rules and reduce fraud.
Things to remember:
- ACH payments take up to 5 business days to receive acknowledgment of their success or failure. Because of this, your Stripe balance takes up to 7 business days to reflect ACH payments in your available Stripe balance.
- You can only accept funds in USD and only from US bank accounts. In addition, your account must have a US (USD) bank account to accept ACH payments.
Additional Information can be found here: ACH guide | Stripe Documentation
Paying Invoice using ACH Payment follow these steps.
1. From your dashboard, you go to the Invoice Tab located on the left side.
2. You'll be viewing the main page of Invoices scroll down and select one of your invoices.
3. After selecting the invoice on the left side panel select "View as Client".
4. Page is routed to client-side PDF view that your client sees.
5. Choose the "Payment Method" drop-down menu
- This is populated based on the payment methods you have set up in your settings. So, if you have Stripe set up, that automatically sets you up for credit cards and ACH Bank Transfer.
6. Select "ACH Bank Transfer".
7. Press Add Bank Account.
8. Press Continue.
- Once you've logged in and everything has been approved, you'll then be able to approve and send the money via bank transfer.